How To Get UAN Number Through a PF Account
- 0.1 How To Get UAN Number Through a PF Account
- 0.2 What Is An UAN Number ?
- 0.3 Some Basics About The EPFO.
- 0.4 What Is The Use Or Work Of An UAN Number ?
- 1 How Do We Easily Get An UAN Number ?
How To Get UAN Number Through a PF Account
Well, if you are an user or an employee and also have a PF Account and want to generate your own UAN Number, but you are not able to do that and also facing a lot of problems in generating the UAN Number. Then, don’t take any more tension or headache for it, because after reading this post your problem will surely completely solve.
So, here it goes.
What Is An UAN Number ?
Well, UAN Number is an Universal account 12 digit account number and which is allotted to an employee who is basically contributing towards the EPFO ( Employee’s Provident Fund Organization ) will be generated for each of the PF member by the EPFO. For eg. 111222333444 is an UAN NUMBER.
This UAN Number is just like or work like an Umbrella for the multiple IDs of a member allotted to an individual by the different establishments and always remains same through the all lifetime of that employee. It doesn’t change even with the change in the jobs. The idea or concept behind this is to link the Multiple Member Identification Numbers, which are allotted to a single member under the Universal Account Number. This will help in viewing the details of all the Member Identification Numbers that are linked to it.
The main benefit of an UAN Number includes, easy tagging of the multiple employees provident fund member ID under a single member and thus reducing the confusion and also helping a lot. The UAN will also help in the easy transfer and withdraw of the various claims, and along with this also provides the other various beneficial services like online Passbook, SMS services on the every deposit of contribuition and online KYC update can be provided on the basis of the UAN Number provided. But, before that you just need to activate your UAN Number from EPFO portal.
There are new UAN portal start to check your EPF balance and nowadays all the details like
- How to check UAN status.
- Download the UAN EPF passbook.
- Check EPF balance.
- Provident fund claim and many more facility provided by new UAN portal.
EPFO has now also started to provide the refund of Administrative charges if all the KYC details are updated for all employees. This beneficial programme is mainly announced for the year 2016-2017.
The member who is unable to withdraw his or her PF account due to any reason can also withdraw his or her PF account without the consent of the employer. They can submit FORM 19 for EPF (Employees Provident Fund) and FORM 10C for EPS (Employees’ Pension Scheme) with any of the following officials attestation to EPFO office in which their EPF account is mainrained.
- Any gazetted officer
- The Magistrate
- The Post/ Sub Post master
- President of the Village Union
- President of the Village Panchayat where there is no Union Board
- Chairman/ Secretary/ Member of the Municipal/ District Local Board
- Member of the Parliament or Legislative Assembly
- Manager of the Bank in which your savings Bank Account is currently maintained
- Head of Educational Institution which is recognized by Government
- Any authorized official, as may be approved by the commissioner
Some Basics About The EPFO.
EPFO is popularly known as ( Employee’s Provident Fund Organization ), which is an Organization that tasked to assist the Central Board of Trustees, a statutory body which is basically formed by the Employees’ Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952 and is under the administrative control of the Ministry of Labour Employment, under the Government of India.
EPFO assists the Central Board in administering a compulsory contributory Provident Fund Scheme, a Pension Scheme and an Insurance Scheme for the workforce engaged in the organized sector in India. It is also the nodal agency for implementing Bilateral Social Security Agreements with other countries on a reciprocal basis. The schemes cover Indian workers as well as International workers (for countries with which bilateral agreements have been signed. As of now 17 Social Security Agreements are operational).
EPFO is one of the largest Social Security organisations in the India in terms of the number of covered beneficiaries and the volume of financial transactions undertaken.The EPFO’s apex decision making body is the Central Board of Trustees (CBT).The total assets that comes under the management are more than ₹8.5 lakh crore (US$128 billion) as of 18 March 2016.
On the 1st October, 2014 , Our honorable prime minister of India, Narendra Modi launhed the UNIVERSAL ACCOUNT NUMBER ( UAN ) for employees covered by the EPFO to enable the PF Number probablity.
What Is The Use Or Work Of An UAN Number ?
- It helps in getting the providemt fund more easily and fastly.
- It also helps in getting the pension and various Insurance Schemes easily, without making us for rounding and rounding around the companies to get the pension and Insurance Schemes.
- It also help in implementing the various agency for the Bilateral Social security agreements.
Besides, these there are other various works of an UAN Number, which helps us a lot in various ways in our daily to daily life.
How Do We Easily Get An UAN Number ?
Every individual who has a provident fund account is allotted a unique account number by the Employee Provident Fund Organization or EPFO. UAN allows you to access, check and withdraw from your Provident Fund account without any interference from your employer.
Below, are the easiest steps tgrthro which you can easily get your own UAN Number. You just need tp follow each and every steps and after that you illw finally get your own UAN Number.
Step 1. Get All The Relevant Or Required PF Account Details From Your Employer.
First of all, you need to ask your employer for providing your UAN. EPFO allots the UANs of all the employees to the employer. If your employer does not provide you with your UAN, then also there’s no any reason to become any worry or to taking any headache. Write down your Provident Fund Number, and if your Provident Fund Number is missing, then simply ask the HR person which is alloted there for your Provident Fund Number and write or Note it down.
Step 2. Check Your UAN Status.
UAN allows you to access, check and withdraw from your Provident Fund account without any interference or any type of disturbance from your employer.
If you are knowing your UAN then you can check if the same has been activated or not. But in the case, if you do not have the UAN you can check if you have been allotted one by the EPFO or not and generate the one, in the case if it has not been allotted yet.
You can also do that, by just following the given steps :-
- First, of all click on the given link, which is just given below.
- Now, Fill in, your state and office area and all the required or necessary details for the EPF. Then, enter your PF Number and which is divided or bifurcated into :-
- Establishment code.
- Provident Fund Number ( PF ).
This can be looks like as :-
Here, KN denotes – Karnataka – The Region. BN denotes – Banglore, – The PF office. 364734 denotes – The Establishment code. 000 denotes – The Ext. 35772 denotes – The PF Number.
But, in the case you don’t have your PF Number, then you can leave the section or box blank.
- Now, Click on the Check Status button. If you get a message that your UAN is activated then it means that the EPFO has allotted you a UAN and has already activated it.But in the case, if it shows that UAN is not allotted, then generate one.
Step. 3.1. Generate Your UAN Number.
Anyone, can easily get the UAN even, of the person who is trying to generate his or her UAN Number is unemployed or unjob. You can easily do that. Even a student can generate his or her UAN and you can easily do that by also following the given steps.
- Go to the official website of the EPFO, or you may go there by just clicking on the link given below.
- Now, under the ” Our Services ” option, click on the ” For Citizens ” option or open that link.
- The page that opens contains a link through which you can register your UAN, like ” Register Your UAN “,click on that.
- Now Fill in your mobile number, your KYC details such as Aadhaar or Passport number, your personal details, your bank details. You also have to upload a photograph and a scanned image of your signature on the page that appears.
Once you have filled in all the required details, you will get an authorization pin on your mobile. Key in the pin and generate your UAN online.
But suppose if you have already been allotted a UAN, but you don’t know what it is and are not able to get it from your employer. Then also don’t taket any tension, you just nedd ne go through the step 3.2.
Step 3.2. Find Out Your UAN Number.
If a UAN has already been allotted to you, when you click on Check Status in step 2, you get a message that says ‘a UAN has been allotted for Member ID xxxxx’ (which is your employer’s number). You are then taken to a verification page.
- Fill in all the required or necessary details for the verification, such as – your name, date of birth, mobile number and email ID.
- You are then prompted to create a password. Create one.
- Then click on the ‘Get PIN’ option.
- The PIN is sent to your mobile phone. Enter it on the portal and press submit.
You will be then directed to the Check Status page again, where your UAN is printed. The details are sent to you via SMS too. Save the UAN for your future use.
Step 4. UAN Activation.
While anyone can generate a UAN, you can activate it only after you get your EPF number and If you have your own PF number then, go to the, given link:-
There, enter your UAN, Mobile Number, PF Number and all the remaining required details which are already discussed or explained in the step 2. And after that, follow the steps given below.
- An Authorization PIN has been sent to you on your mobile. Submit the PIN to activate.
- After activation, fill in all the required or necessary details such as Name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth, etc. You are then asked to create a password.
- Your UAN is your username for the portal, and the password is the one you created in the previous step.
After, doing all these steps carefully, you will happily see that you have successfully created your own UAN Number through the PF Account.
Ediy your KYC for your own further use of help.
After you’ve succesfully activated your UAN Number, you can edit your KYC details. KYC or Know Your Consumer is a personal identification process which is often mandatory while creating financial accounts. It is best to keep your KYC up-to-date whenever there are changes in your contact details, address or the like. To edit your existing KYC details, you have to find the ‘Edit Your KYC’ link on the EPFO website. You have to upload documents such as Aadhar Card, Pan Card, Passport, or Driving License. You can choose any one of them and scan the document as an image and upload it. Link your Aadhar card and bank account number as that is helpful while making withdrawals from your PF in the future.